Supercharger Coupler Replacement
Congratulations on your purchase of the W Body Store CNC machined coupler. This coupler is an oil impregnated composite unit designed to last the life of your vehicle. Installation can be done in 20 - 30 minutes.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal and push down so that it can not come in contact with the battery by accident.
- Remove the supercharger belt and serpentine belt. Both tensioners use 15mm bolts.
- Remove the alternator and alternator support bracket.
- Remove the oil from the supercharger (this can be done by using the pump portion from a glass cleaner bottle and pumping the oil into a container.
Tech Note: Now is a good time to replace your supercharger oil!
- Remove the ten 10mm bolts securing the snout to the blower.
- Using a rubber hammer, lightly tap the snout and it will separate from the blower.
Caution: Excess oil will spill when halves separate.
- Remove stock coupler and install W Body Store Replacement.
- Using a 518 equivalent gasket maker carefully apply a conservative amount of gasket maker to the snout sealing area and reconnect the snout to the rest of the blower assembly.
- Loosely tighten the snout bolts and then torque (from center to the edges) to 16 ft/lbs.
- Re-install alternator
- Re-install serpentine belt and supercharger belt.
- Re-attach negative battery post
- Start vehicle and verify proper operation while checking for leaks.
Enjoy your newfound silence!